Well lets just say we almost didn't make it to Mardi Gras this year. We left on Friday afternoon and I rushed to get all of our things together and pack the car so when Nick came home we would be ready to go. I guess I should have taken it as a sign when I had to back the truck in the garage to load it because of the rain :( It rained from the moment we left our house to the moment we drove in the driveway at my parents. It took us a little over 10 hours to drive a normally 7 - 8 hour drive with an infant. Lake Charles traffic was horrendous and we ended up detouring north to Kinder and back down to I-10. Beckham was an absolute angel. He made it from our house past Houston and only really fussed once when he was hungry. We cannot ask for a better traveler. We are so blessed!!
After we got the crazy travel out of the way it was time to experience Nick and Beckham's first Mardi Gras!! Saturday we went to Leslie's and walked to the parade route with her crew. I loved watching Nick take in all of the excitement.
Crazy Lelie gearing up for the parade
Nick you have to put your hands in the air to catch anything
oh Like this???
Ok starting to get the hang of it...
Leslie showing Nick how to dance to the bands in the street
Nick caught some big balls!
after getting loaded up by Abby and Beau and getting hit in the
eye I would say first parade was a success
He looks mighty happy to me :)
Sunday was the King's Luncheon,
My dad was Captain of the ball so they were presented on the runway.
Nick and I after the King's Luncheon
Monday night all of the crazy Indians ride in the parade
Beckham and I took a stroll around the block to see the Indians get ready
Nin-Nin hurried to wash her hands so
she could hold our little man,
I think the facepaint, feathers, and hat made him a little unsure (no worries it only lasted 20 seconds)
Monday Night Parade
Nick was practicing blocking his face so he wouldn't get a bead in the eye
Happy Mardi Gras!! Beckham's first parade
He was so happy the whole day
flashing that smile that will melt your heart
I love my little family. I am the luckiest girl around
Max and Uncle Jimmy were part of the King's crew
and were in the parade
ready to head home after a successful first Mardi Gras
It didn't take any of us long to fall asleep for a long afternoon nap
Eleanor is 9 months pregnant and due 4 days after Mardi Gras. Her dad was King and I think Sweet Baby James held out for her to make it back home before he/she made an arrival
Captain of the Ball, his bow was perfect!
I think he had fun... I even see a smile :)

No comments:
Post a Comment