Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Solids

A few days before the big 1/2 birthday we tried rice cereal.  I was not really into giving him rice cereal because of the lack of nutritional value.  (it is more to teach them how to eat with a spoon and to make them feel full)  So after 2 tries he really wasn't into it and then the ear infection set in.  So I quit rice cereal and moved to veggies.  The doctor tells you start with orange vegetables and then green ones and then move to "sweets" such as fruits.  Carrots is up first.
I have decided to make his food and was slightly hesitant at first.  I bought the organic carrots and decided to try and if all else fails we have jar food for backup!

first bite of rice cereal

more came out then stayed in

he would stick his tongue out ever time I moved the spoon closer

maybe I can just play in that bowl

carrots... washed, peeled, cut and now steaming

about to get pureed

 
and let the fun begin
(I tasted as I went and it wasn't half bad... and I don't even like carrots)

 
after adding some water

in the cube trays about to go in the freezer

after I defrost a cube I add a little formula to get the right consistency


here we go carrots
love this face!!

he opens wide after each bite

I think it is safe to say he likes them

finally a high chair so Mommy doesn't have to sit on the floor.
(it was a tee shirt diaper kind of afternoon so Daddy put on my Superman shirt)

Daddy feeding Beckham Squash


I think they both enjoyed dinner time, with little mess

No comments:

Post a Comment