Wednesday, August 3, 2011


Just to get everyone up to speed.  Last Tuesday July 26th, Nick and I arrive to find the granite had been installed!!! Great news right??? Well kind of, they did install the correct granite it just looked nothing like the piece we picked at the design center.  So, we woke up early Wednesday to look at the granite again and then headed to the design center.  To make a long story short instead of tearing out the granite we switched our backsplash to make the kitchen "lighter".  
Shockingly this had never happened before... imagine that. 

granite was that installed

granite that was installed and Nick's phone with the piece we chose at the design centers

This is the piece we chose at the design center.... what a difference

2 comments:

  1. The same thing happened to us! Only I didn't handle it so well. I cried and demanded that Brennan come home from work so he could translate what I was saying to the installers. In the end they told me that it was the same granite I chose but every slab is a bit different. You live and you learn. Next time I will insist on choosing my slab, not a sample. Actually, next time I will insist that we put in the marble that I originally wanted. ;-)

    Your house looks great!
    Linds

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Linds... It has taken me a week to get over the tears and anger.. But I think the thing that helped me was the fact that this baby is coming and I NEED this house to be finished before!!!
    Love seeing the girls grow up and they surely keep you on your toes!

    Hope all is well!
    Ains

    ReplyDelete